Jorge Villalobos
Ideas, technology and the occasional rant

Monday, August 01, 2005

War, war, war!!! On a board game, that is ;)

I love playing Risk. It's my absolute favorite board game.
If you don't know what Risk is, Wikipedia has a very good explaination, as usual :). It's basically a very interesting and addictive war strategy board game, in which you control armies and manage them in order to accomplish a secret objective. It's agressive, it's hard and it's a lot of fun.
It takes hours to play a single game, and it's usually best to play with 4 or 5 players. That's often a problem, since most people won't commit that much time on a board game. Finding 4 players with that level of commitment is sometimes very hard. But when you do, it's awesome.
I played with some friends from work on Saturday, and I had so much fun. I won, of course :P. I hadn't played for so long, it made me remember how much I love this game. I plan to play at least two times before I leave to the US, and I know I'll be looking for players as soon as I arrive.
I would be cool to look for official tournaments, I'm sure there's plenty of those in the US....
Yeah, I know, I'm a fanatic. So what?

Get Firefox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home